Terms and Conditions
- The Hoster of all competitions uploaded onto the 'Diggers Dips' platform is Chris Bailey. All communication can be addressed to 61 Church Street, Tredegar, NP22 3DR and from hereon-in referred to as 'Diggers Dips', 'we' or 'us'.
Laws & Regulations
- We host metal detector; accessory and metal detecting finds prize draw competitions on behalf of third parties that are free from regulation under the Gambling Act 2005.
- The term 'raffle' may be used or referred to on our website, this is for marketing and SEO purposes only and due to the fact that each entrant is required to answer a question or puzzle upon entering, all competitions hosted on our platform are therefore legally considered 'Prize Competitions' and not raffles.
- For further information about the laws and regulations on raffles and prize competitions, please visit: https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/home.aspx
- Although Diggers Dips is the official host of each competition, we will have an 'Official Partner' that is responsible for providing the associated prizes for the relevant competitions.
- Official Partners are contractually obliged to provide the relevant prizes to the winners, whilst all related financial obligations are between Diggers Dips and the Official Partners.
- In the absence of an Official Partner, Diggers Dips is responsible for providing the associated prizes for the relevant competitions.
- Whilst Diggers Dips will host prize draws, we will also host draws for third parties, including, but not limited to recognised clubs and groups who are endeavouring to raise funds or for a recognised registered charity.
Hosts are responsible for providing the following information:
a. Selection of the prizes to win.
b. Writing the prize draw title.
c. Writing the full description.
d. Choosing a ticket price.
- Diggers Dips commission will be deducted from the total revenue received on the completed ticket purchase.
- Diggers Dips will pay to despatch the prize within 72 hours of the draw being called to the address provided by the third party, excluding draws taking place over a weekend, which we be despatched within 72 hours from the following Monday.
- Diggers Dips reserves the right to cancel any prize draw at their discretion and re-credit user accounts with tokens. Full refunds can be actioned on request.
- Only Registered Users of Diggers Dips are eligible to enter competitions hosted on DiggersDips.co.uk/DiggersDips.com.
- In order to enter a prize draw competition, each entrant must select their tickets and submit their answer to the respective questions or puzzle.
- The answer submitted must be correct, otherwise entry to the prize draw will be denied.
- The user must have sufficient Diggers Dips tokens to purchase a ticket in a prize draw.
- Entry into any Diggers Dips draw must be from users within the United Kingdom or countries within the European Union. Prize delivery is only available within the UK and EU countries. Please ensure you are within the delivery areas as specified by our chosen supplier, Leisure Promotions. Please note draws are not available for participants from the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
Questions & Puzzles
- Each entrant must submit their answer to the respective question upon entering each competition.
- Each entrant must choose the correct answer to the question to be entered in to the prize draw.
- The question subject will be general knowledge.
- Each competition will have a different question to complete before entering a prize draw.
- Each question or puzzle consists of 4 multiple choice answers with only 1 answer being correct.
- Tickets are purchased using Diggers Dips tokens, a non-tangible virtual item.
- Details of each prize draw entered can be found on your personal dashboard, accessible when registered and signed into the Diggers Dips website.
- There is no limit to the number of tickets an entrant can purchase, up to the amount available.
- Each ticket for a prize draw competition will be entered into the draw, with the winning ticket being selected randomly by a third-party random number generator, https://www.random.org
- Winners will be notified immediately after the draw via the email address provided at registration.
- Winners will receive an automated email providing instructions on how to proceed for delivery.
- Winners will be required to provide Diggers Dips with their preferred delivery address.
- All prizes must be claimed within 14 days of the numbers being called. Failure to claim a prize within this timeframe will result in forfeiture of the item. Please ensure contact is made to Diggers Dips as soon as possible after the draw you are a winner in.
- If a competition is disputed it will be immediately investigated by Diggers Dips customer compliance.
- Users have a 6 month period from when the draw took place to make a dispute.
- Disputes must be made raised either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact form on https://diggersdips.com/contact-us.
- Delivery of all winning prizes is free and will normally be despatched within 72 hours of completion of the draw and receipt of the winner's details, including address and contact telephone number. Prizes won in any draw taking place during the weekend will normally be despatched within 72 hours commencing on the following Monday. Delivery of prizes may require signature on arrival.
- Once prize item has been despatched, all communication regarding delivery options or any failure by the courier to deliver is a matter between the supplier, courier and recipient.
- The majority of prizes will be processed and supplied by Leisure Promotions Ltd, and delivered by their preferred courier.
- Prizes not supplied by Leisure Promotions may be delivered by any other courier or mail service, at the discretion of the host.
- If the supplier fails to provide the prize to the winner within 21 days of the draw date, Diggers Dips will either provide an alternative prize or the monetary value of the item. The monetary value will be the retail value minus the VAT element of 20%.
- By entering any competition hosted on Diggers Dips, the entrant indicates his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
- Any ideas or suggestions that are given to Diggers Dips, if utilised at any time, are provided under the agreement that they are given freely and not under any restriction on use. Unless an agreement has been made, in writing and authenticated by both parties, as to their use, they will be considered the property of Diggers Dips to use as they see fit.
- In the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of our control, we reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
- Neither Contract Partner shall be liable for any delay or failure in performing any of its obligations hereunder, if such delay or failure is, either wholly or partly, due to force majeure conditions such as floods, earthquakes or other acts of God, or any acts of any governmental body or public enemy, wars, riots, embargoes, epidemics, fires, major internet breakdown, mechanical breakdowns, lack of necessary utilities, labour unrest, transport problems or any other causes, circumstances or contingencies beyond the control of such Party ("Force Majeure Event").
Last Updated: 01/09/2020